Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The last couple weeks

Okay, here goes. I have been terrible about updating lately, so I am going to give you all a brief overview of the past couple weeks for Joel and I.
First, I have to say, this has been an amazing time in our lives filled with opportunities, exciting new beginnings, and so many blessings. We have both been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from our friends and family as we moved, got settled, and "hosted" Christmas. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to all of you! A very special thank you to Glen, Aaron, and Friedo, without whom, I am quite certain, Joel and I would STILL be unloading that uhaul and figuring out exactly how our dresser would make it up those stairs and around that corner.

After we got everything unloaded, it was time for some serious unpacking, broken up by a visit to Robbi & Friedo's place for an early Christmas celebration. The food was delicious and the company was great! It was a very welcome break from the 12 hour day of loading, cleaning, unloading, cleaning some more, and unpacking. It seems like so long ago!

We also celebrated our second anniversary shortly after we moved in, on December 17th. Though, technically it wasn't much of a celebration, as Joel had the flu, but we had an opportunity to go out later in the week for dinner and a movie and we had gone out earlier with Glen and Cathy to celebrate their anniversary as well (which also happens to be December 17th). Congratulations on 30 loving years, Glen and Cathy!

Here's are a few of my favorite pictures from our wedding:


This post is starting to get a little long, so I will summarize the remainder of the time in the following pictures:

Christmas in the new house!

Gussy Clause!

My first attempt at pecan pie

My first attempt at cherry pie with lattice... I did my best...
My second attempt at cherry pie, after a tutorial from the Queen of pies, Cathy :) She taught Robin and i how to do a real lattice!

New Year's Eve in Duluth with Robbi & Friedo - we ate at the Top of the Harbor restaurant, which was a revolving restaurant (didn't even get motion sickness!)
Happy New Year to you all and Good Night!