Monday, February 11, 2008

Housewarming Party

It is about time that I shared some pictures from our housewarming party on Friday, February 1st. We had a lot of fun celebrating officially owning our home! The closing went just fine - which was a big relief after a week of 3 to 4 phone calls per day from our mortgage consultant earlier in the week - first time homebuyer programs are amazing and are hugely helpful, but getting one is quite the process and very stressful. BUT, after 45 minutes of not understanding paperwork but signing it anyway, we were homeowners. Then it was time to party! We had lots of friends and family come over to help us celebrate...

My friend Kabes (real name: Kim Schaefbauer) came for the party from Mandan with her adorable little girl, Madison!
Joel and my brother, Aaron, hanging out in our kitchen (I still get excited when I write things like "our" kitchen...)
My HD buddies from Concordia and the "Lover's Club" (a.k.a. the significant others of Concordia HDs) hanging out around the table. This way they could stay close to the snacks and bloody mary bar.
Our good friend (and my former coworker) Brady and Ollie, the son of Jill and Jeremy (one of Joel's coworkers). Notice the similar hairstyles - aren't they fabulous?!
Tom (Joel's boss) and I rocking OUT to Guitar Hero. Tom is one of those people that is just naturally good at everything, so imagine how satisfying it was for me to beat him!
And of course, I have to show you pics of the goodies I baked. Delicious brownies from scratch - a big hit!
Fruit pizza. SO yummy.
I almost wish that we could buy a house every week and have more housewarming parties. I guess next time we'll just have to have everyone over for no reason at all.

No comments: