Friday, March 7, 2008

I LOVE PEEPS

I understand that the vast majority of the adult population of the world thinks Peeps are absolutely disgusting. I - LOVE - THEM! There is just something about that colored-sugar-crusted marshmallow treat that appeals to me... I'm guessing it is the sugar-crusted-marshmallow part. However, I would like to point out that Peeps are not only delicious, but due to the food coloring and several inventive molds, they are also visually stimulating. Pink bunnies, yellow chicks, white ghosts, red hearts, green christmas trees - you name it!

There are some Peeps shapes/colors that are more delicious than others... for example, I am partial to purple chicks. The purple is because I enjoy the color (no real flavor difference that I can tell), and the chicks are because they maximize the surface/sugar/marshmallow ratio. In other words, you get more delicious, teeth-destroying sugar crunch per bite.

This may not have been enough to convince you of the truly delicious nature of Peeps, but I'm okay with that. More for me.

To learn more about this delicious confection, visit http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

P.S. Pictures are apparently not working on blogspot right now... Never fear, I will post pictures of purple peeps presently. (I love alliteration). Purple peep pictures posted!

No comments: