Saturday, November 17, 2007

Busy week & Big news!

What a week!!!

I was out of town at a conference starting on Tuesday afternoon, and it was a busy trip! It was a three day college and university housing conference. I had a chance to co-present on making adjustments as a first year professional with one of my coworkers, and that went pretty well. Apparently we were funny and entertaining. I also got to attend several sessions while I was there, brought back some great information to share with my department and staff, and got lots o' free stuff from all of the vendors. We stayed in a hotel that had a LOT of character (smoked, gold-foil mirrors anyone??), and I had the opportunity to show everyone just how good the karaoke version of Damn Yankees' High Enough can sound. What can I say - I love power ballads.

During the time I was gone, Joel stayed busy too! We kept in very close contact over the phone as he went through the process with our realtor and home mortgage consultant of putting in an offer on the house we wanted, getting a counter-offer, putting in another offer, getting another counter offer, and FINALLY we came to an agreement!!!!!

So, here's the big news: WE GOT THE HOUSE!! We signed the papers this morning that we officially accept the counter-offer, we're having a home inspection next Wednesday and then the SOLD sign should be going up. We'll be moving in mid-December (renting the property briefly) and then closing in February! It feels really good to not have to search any more!

I do want to take an opportunity to say a special thank you to one of my new supervisors for going out of his way to help us out, and a HUGE thank you to our mortgage consultant and realtor for helping out a couple naive first-time home buyers. Hopefully the inspection goes well! We'll update you soon. In the meantime, here are a couple more pictures of the beautiful house:

The big, beautiful master bedroom. With Joel in it.

The lovely bathroom. With Joel in it.

The backyard (the swingset is going away) and the HUGE three-stall garage. With Joel in it.



No comments: