Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Official Offer

Hey folks. So, I may have "spoken" too soon on my last post. I actually received the OFFICIAL offer from NDSU yesterday. :) The previous offer was the unofficial offer, but now it looks like the things that need to be signed are signed, the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed, and I have now officially accepted, so I'm going to celebrate again!

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!

So now that the offer is official, I figured I could take a moment and let you all know what I will be doing. I am going to be the Learning Services/Orientation Coordinator at NDSU, and I will be working in two different areas within the Office of Orientation & Student Success. I will be spending part of my time working with the tutoring center at NDSU (I learned that about 1000 students come through the tutoring center each week, so it is a very busy place!), and I will be spending part of my time helping to coordinate new and transfer student orientation sessions, as well as campus events like Weeks of Welcome. I'm looking forward to learning more about these programs. I will be starting December 18th!

In the meantime I will be working hard at Concordia to make sure the transition goes smoothly for the incoming hall director and the students and student staff in the building. I am going to miss everyone a lot! I have had the pleasure to work with an amazing group of professional and student staff members during my time here. It will be nice to stay in the same area and keep in contact with them.

Joel and I will be going house shopping again tomorrow evening. We will see four new houses and then revisit house #5 (see previous post). We would REALLY like to put an offer in on a house (probably #5) early this week before I take off for an out-of-town conference. Time is going very quickly! Wish us luck as we go through the new process of house buying... we'll need it. :)

I'll leave you with a picture I recently ran across of Robin doing her giraffe impression (also known as "giraffe neck"). She will love me for this...




1 comment:

Ryan and Robin said...

Why must you post the most unflattering picture of me. I will have to retaliate. Payback is a bitch.